Tuesday 9 February 2010

Second Life

I had my 'Second life' near the end of the class.
So I did not get much experience in this virtual life.

It seems that is an attractive and interesting media for students.
After watching the video about educational use of SL, I find that SL is really amazing!
I can imagine that students will like role playing much in SL because the setting is more authentic than the one in classroom. Also, it's so fun to have a discussion in SL.

However, I wonder whether primary students can manage it!
By the way, the moral education is very important before introducing SL to students.

2 comments:

  1. I also think SL may not be quite useful for primary students. Middle school students could manage it better to learn english. There is a problem using SL. Students may get invovled in playing computer rather than in studying english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No can do! Primary students are too immature to realize the learning potential of Second Life. They would just get addicted to it. It's definitely for students of the senior secondary level and up.

    ReplyDelete